What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
Accredited exercise physiologists (AEPs) are differentiated from other allied health professionals by their extensive knowledge, skills and experience in delivering safe, effective clinical exercise programs. AEPs also assist patients with changing unhealthy risk factors, such as inactivity to prevent the onset of chronic disease.
• Specialist in exercise for rehabilitation
• Prescribes exercise for better health and wellbeing
• Prescribes exercise for chronic and complex medical conditions
• Musculoskeletal rehabilitation
• Work conditioning
• Improvements in sports performance
• Improve quality of patient care
• Improve patients self management
• Incorporate more preventative services
Why a GP may refer you to an Accredited Exercise Physiologest
• To improve your quality of care
• To improve self management
• To incorporate more preventative services